Losing a hefty smartphone like Samsung's Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge can be devastating. Aside from the cost, you might as well lose all your important information saved in it. Good thing, manufacturers of today's high-tiered mobile devices are considering this possibility and so ensure that end-users can prepare for the worst by enabling pertinent features like the Anti-theft tool.
This content will walk you through keeping your precious Galaxy handset protected even if it's lost, by activating the anti-theft tool in it.
PrerequisitesThe following requirements should be met before you can activate Anti-theft on your evice:
- Set up Google ID
- Enable PIN, password or fingerprint lock
Activate/enable anti-theft on your S7 and S7 edge with the following steps:1. Set up a Google account.
2. Sign in to your Google account and follow the onscreen prompts to complete the process.
If you haven't yet set up a Google ID (account) on your device, here's a quick guide for you to refer to.
1. Tap Apps from any Home screen.
2. Tap Settings.
3. Tap Accounts.
4. Tap the Add account or + icon.
5. Select the account type you prefer to set up.
For example, POP3/IMAP, ActiveSync/Exchange, Gmail, etc.
6. Enter your email address and password.
7. Enter server settings, as required.
8. Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the account set up.
Note: Anti-theft is automatically enabled on your smartphone if you already set up a Google ID, and enabled a PIN, password or fingerprint lock.
Anti-theft tool is pre-loaded or downloadable to all new smartphone models first manufactured after July 2015 for retail sale in the United States. When activated, this tool will:
- prevent unauthorized users from accessing the device
- prevent unauthorized reactivation (factory resets on the device
- wipe authorized user's data remotely
- reverse the phone's inoperability once recovered by the owner